Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Shameless Brass Post

I really must say, I love brass metal.  I know, I know, it isn't precious metal and it can turn your skin black (minor details).  I really enjoy the way that I can make it shine up, or turn a matte black.  And the patina that takes place over time is so organic and unique.  Sometimes a girl needs some "yellow" jewelry and gold just isn't an option!!  There is nothing hotter than black leather and gold colored jewelry.

I'm working on finding a finishing seal that prevents the metal from turning skin ugly.  Although, I also hear that when copper and brass turn skin colors, it is actually the skin absorbing the necessary minerals.  So let's just go with that!

Meanwhile, here are some brass pieces I've been working on:




No comments:

Post a Comment